Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with a lot to offer cyclists of all levels of experience. With its lush tea plantations, ancient ruins, and stunning beaches, Sri Lanka is a great place to explore by bike.
If you’re planning a cycle tour of Sri Lanka, here are a few things you’ll need to pack:
- Bicycle: Of course, you’ll need a bicycle! If you don’t have your own bicycle, you can rent one from a number of companies in Sri Lanka.
- Helmet: It’s important to wear a helmet when you’re cycling, especially in Sri Lanka, where the traffic can be heavy.
- Cycling clothing: You’ll need comfortable clothing to cycle in, such as padded shorts and a cycling jersey.
- Water bottle: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially when you’re cycling in the heat. Bring a water bottle with you so that you can drink water while you’re cycling.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be very strong in Sri Lanka, so it’s important to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes can be a problem in Sri Lanka, so it’s important to wear insect repellent.
- First-aid kit: It’s always a good idea to carry a first-aid kit with you when you’re cycling, especially if you’re going to be cycling in remote areas.
Other items you may want to pack include:
- Cycling shoes: Cycling shoes can help you to transfer power to the pedals more efficiently.
- Cycling sunglasses: Cycling sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun and wind.
- Cycling gloves: Cycling gloves can protect your hands from blisters and chafing.
- Rain jacket: Sri Lanka has a tropical climate, so it’s always a good idea to pack a rain jacket.
- Camera: You’ll want to capture all of the amazing sights on your cycle tour, so be sure to pack a camera.
If you’re planning on camping on your cycle tour, you’ll also need to pack camping gear, such as a tent, sleeping bag, and cooking stove.
Here are a few additional tips:
- Pack light. You don’t want to be weighed down by too much luggage when you’re cycling.
- Pack layers. The weather in Sri Lanka can change quickly, so it’s a good idea to pack layers so that you can adjust to the temperature.
- Bring a headlamp or flashlight. This will be useful if you’re cycling at night or if you’re camping.
- Bring a power bank. This will allow you to charge your electronic devices while you’re on the go.
By packing the right gear, you can ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable cycle tour of Sri Lanka.